This position will work as part of a team having responsibility for assembling a component of a product. Team assemblers can perform all tasks conducted by the team in the assembly process and rotate through all or most of them rather than being assigned to a specific task on a permanent basis.
Wax Team Member
Manager/Supervisor: Section Leader, Production Supervisor
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Select correct blade or hub die for parts to be injected
- Place the die on the MPI as outlined on the MPI procedure provided
- The traveler for the parts to be injected will indicate the die and or core pin to be used
- Adjust pressure and Temperature as indicated on the traveler for the parts to be injected
- All adjustments are outlined in the procedures for the MPI located at the machine
- Check and fill wax heater if needed
- Fill the remote wax heater located on the back wall of the wax room. This heater will have to be filled when material is removed throughout the day
- Check the heater/ mixer located at the MPI, if necessary fill the hopper with melted wax from the remove heater
- Inject parts as required
- All blades and hubs will be injected as described in the procedures located at the MPI
- After parts have been injected, verify all dies and core pins are clean before placed back on the rack
- All dies and core pins should be coated with mold release before storing
- All items MUST be placed back in the proper located on the racks after use
- Place all completed parts on racks designated for hubs or blades
- All parts must be labeled with traveler number they go to using a permanent marker
- Parts must be handled in a way as to not be damaged
- Clean area after completing work on each shift
- Clean up any wax debris around area.
- Clean MPI machine off so no wax or dirt is present.
- Sweep the floor around the work area.
- Complete all paperwork pertaining to the MPI.
Minimum Educational and Work Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED/High School Equivalency
- Experience working in a manufacturing or production environment
Environmental and Working Conditions
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.