Grind Operator Team Members are responsible for grinding the surfaces of the propeller in preparation for finishing. All grinding is performed by holding the propeller in hand and guiding the part across various grinding belts. The Grind Operator also reports any defects found in the surface after grinding is completed, performs start of shift checks, and sets up all equipment pertaining to the grinder position.
- Inspect parts for defects
- Notify group leader of any defects found
- Grind parts to remove surface defects and prepare for finishing
- Move completed parts to next step of the grinding process
- Replace belts on grinder as needed
- Complete paperwork associated with parts
- Clean equipment and work area after completing shift
- High school diploma or GED/High School Equivalency
- Experience working in a manufacturing or production environment
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.